Gallstones are stone-like deposits formed in the gallbladder as a result of poor diet and sometimes liver disease or other liver conditions.

What causes gallstones?
The bile in the gallbladder can crystallize and harden causing gallstones. In keeping with Harvard health guides, 80 percent of gallstones are made from cholesterol. The remaining 20 % of gallstones are fabricated from calcium salts and bilirubin, which are referred to as pigment stones.

LDL cholesterol stones
Gallstones can also expand when there is an excessive amount of LDL cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) inside the bile, secreted with the aid of your liver. Bile commonly dissolves or breaks down LDL cholesterol which can put your heart at risk.

Who’s at risk for Gallstones?
Whilst your body produces LDL cholesterol clearly, you may take in extra cholesterol through your diet.

How are gallstones identified?
Your doctor will perform a physical examination that consists of checking your eyes and skin for visible changes in colouration. A yellowish tint on your skin, palms and soles of the feet or in the eyes can be signs of jaundice. Too much bilirubin to your body causes jaundice. The examination might also involve using diagnostic tools such as Ultrasound. Ultrasound assessments produce photos of the body, which is a popular imaging method to verify whether you have gallstones.

Blood tests
Your health practitioner can also undertake blood tests that measure the quantity of bilirubin in your blood. The tests can also determine how well your liver is functioning.

Beechcroft Retreats specializes in the removal of gallstones the safest way. Click here for information about our 7 Day Liver Cleanse